Hey, everyone! I hope this week is treating you all well.
We just wanted to let you all know we’re just taking a few days to revamp the site, do some changes to make it a bit cleaner and spiffy while we continue working on some posts for you. So come back next week, we’ll keep the drinks cold
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
There’s a lot I want to do in my life. I’m not just a grumpy, ranting cynic, I also have things I would really love to accomplish, a bucket list (nice tie-in, right?). Own a Vivienne Westwood piece? On the list. Go to an awards ceremony? Yup. Swim with the sharks? Love them! I even have a Pinterest board of the things I’d like to do!
On the flipside though, I have things I never, ever want to do. Most stuff I will say isn’t on my bucket list, but if the opportunity arises, I might give it a shot. However, there’s stuff you hear about and just nope about. You might have heard people call a list of these “nopes” their Anti-Bucket List.
I was telling a friend of mine I’m going to do this post and she was really confused. “Why the hell are you doing an anti-bucket list of stuff you never want to do? It’s really counterproductive, isn’t it?” You might be thinking that too and, honestly, I was initially going to do it as a nice, ‘get to know me’ filler while I write other posts. Yet once I started, I realised that I’m actually more open to experiences than most people thought I was, including myself.
So, I’ll show you mine, then you show me yours…
There’s something strange but really fun about peeking into other people’s bags. Some are packed with receipts and old to-do lists (The Evil Assistant), other’s are organised to the nines (my grandma), some are so damn huge yet only house sunglasses and a wallet.
While I don’t just go snooping in other people’s bags, I do like “What’s in my bag” posts, although most of the time they’re just the usual crap in there. That’s why I decided to make the first Inside My Bag one that can be helpful to any modern performer, not just actors.
Some things are pretty obvious while some are overlooked and can be a lifesaver when you’re running to an audition. I’ve kept this list pretty unisex, however, if you think there’s something missing (mascara etc) that you always want to have, remember to put it in your little tool bag or whatever you want to house everything in your car.
Last August I penned a Before 30 List for myself which had the mini-goals I wanted to achieve before turning 30. Well, this weekend I turned 30. I thought I’d be shit-scared, have a nice 30-year-mark-mental-breakdown, but so far I’m… pretty okay.
“Well well well…I’m finally here” she says, slamming the gates of hell open before sitting on the throne. “Now what’s the wifi password?”
After months of being asked and then continuously ~politely~ reminded to contribute to Elle Does Stuff by the boss L herself (because asking me to retain information in my short-term memory…and lets be honest, my long-term memory as well, is like asking a leg amputee to join you in a three legged race) – here I am.
Who am I? Well I’ve been previously referred to in this blog as ‘The Evil Assistant’, but you can just call me ‘A’. Or The Evil Assistant works fine. Or just Evil. I can be pretty evil, but like…not EVIL evil. Not like 45th President of the United States evil, more like a Karen Walker from Will & Grace evil, you know? Anyway, I am the younger and prettier half in this sibling – Beauty Appreciation Club – duo.
Here’s what you need to know about me:
- I’m the proud single mother of a beautiful 10 year old girl named Helga. She is the light of my life, my source of inspiration, and the reason I get out of bed every morning. I work hard so that her tummy can be full, and her bed fluffy and warm. Also, she’s a cat.
- I have six years of previous experience in the beauty industry, but I don’t consider myself a guru nor a whizz. I kinda know what I’m doing and talking about here, but there’s always new things out there to learn, especially since social media has boomed and you can literally learn everything about anything your heart desires. Like, did you know it’s estimated that there are 22,000 species of ant? You’re welcome.
- While Elle appreciates and prefers a more natural and simple approach to makeup personally, I am the rightfully proud Queen of the Cake Faces. Some days I love being makeup-free but I also liiive for that high coverage foundation and fake tanned life, honey. Her and I are very similar in most ways yet the complete opposite in appearance and ‘taste’, but that is highly beneficial in regards to obtaining different perspectives of ride or die products in my opinion.
- Cracking sarcastic aka bad jokes takes up most of my time and energy.
- I’m not familiar with the concept of having a fashion sense. Unless of course by fashion you mean $7 Kmart leggings and a plain black tee, then you can call me Anna Wintour.
- I’m quite fond of home and beauty DIY projects. Bloody love a good DIY. Watch this space.
- I’m a closeted science and astronomy nerd. Talk to me about the universe or the periodic table and I’ll probably marry you on the spot. My morbid fascination with death and solving difficult puzzles and riddles has pushed me towards a Bachelor in Forensic Science majoring in Molecular Biology, which I’ll be starting mid-2017, but in the meantime I’ll be gracing you with my presence here.
- If I were on death row, my final meal would be a cheese toastie, a pot of black coffee, and a shot of tequila.
- If there was only one image on the internet I could choose to describe myself, it would be this:
Well that is me for now so I bid you adiós. It has been a pleasure – I hope it was as good for you as it was for me. Now that this is all over and done with and I’ve finally introduced myself, I guess I’ll see you in another few months time! Kidding. But stay tuned for my first instalment coming soon, which will be an addition/part two of Elle’s previous “Whyyyyyyyy??!: [Beauty] Products I Regret Buying” post!
Peace out, fam.
– A aka The Evil Assistant aka Evil.
Hey guys! Sorry for the unexpected absence, I had injured my right arm and hand which is conveniently my dominant hand, so I couldn’t write or type… theeeen my sister was sick in hospital, and now I’m moving! It’s been a crazy ride trying to pack everything from the last year up into little boxes, but I hope it will give me a lot of write about in the coming week or two!
However all is well again and it’s great to be back and typing up posts, feeling all productive while I eat a whole bag of Snickers Pods (one of the many reasons Australia makes the best snacks).
You can browse the posts I already have up or come back in two weeks where I will (hopefully) have things to share with you!